Thursday, September 29, 2011

Days Off

Demolition of the old Humboldt Hospital


The Estevan Bruins were back on the ice today after having the day off yesterday. The Bruins head into the weekend 2-2, and will have a pair of divisional matchups over the next couple of days as they host Notre Dame tomorrow night and then travel to Melville to square off with the Mils in the first game ever at the Horizon Credit Union Centre.

I know the entire Bruins team will be looking forward to the match up with the Hounds since the Bruins believed their effort on Saturday in Notre Dame was below par. I'm expecting the Bruins will come out with plenty of energy at Spectra Place as they look for redemption.

Expect the roster to be trimmed down in the coming days, Head Coach Keith Cassidy said a decision was expected sometime this weekend and a move could be made before the Bruins face the Hounds tomorrow night.

If you live in the Estevan area make sure you tune into Locker Talk at 6:30 tonight or 12:00 on Saturday afternoon. My guest this week is Bruins forward Matt Dochylo, we talk about the ups and downs early in the season with the Bruins. We spent some talking about the Showcase coming to Estevan in a couple of weeks, and we discussed the potential plans for the 20 year old when his Junior A career season wraps up after this season.

Tomorrow's game might be the only Bruin home game I miss all season, I'm back home for the weekend. One of my best friends is getting married in Saskatoon on Saturday, so I decided to use up some extra holidays.

I actually went golfing today at the Humboldt Golf Course, I'm pretty sure I've never golfed this late in September before. I also checked out the demolition of the old Hospital in Humboldt (see pic above) a lot of history in that old building, it was the place where I was born.

Some people have asked me about the lack of audio on the webcasts, most SJHL teams are having issues with the new webcast equipment. The Bruins problem is a little bit different because of the HD cameras they have for the video screens on the scoreclock. Hopefully I can start play by play for the webcast very soon.


I'll be back in Estevan in time for the Bruins rematch with Melville on Tuesday.

No comments: