Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Sports

Usually my Sporting fix on Saturday is me sitting on the couch and spending the day watching the tube, but today I'm going to see a couple of games in person.

First off the Riders meet the BC Lions, in a battle for third spot on the line, and really today's game is a matchup of the two hottest teams in the league. The way Edmonton and Calgary are playing lately, the winner of this game has a good chance to catch the Alberta teams and grab a home playoff game. While it's dissappointing Andy Fantuz isn't playing today, the Riders depth at receiver that they should be able to overcome the loss. I'm exp

After the Rider game I'll be heading to Wilcox to check out the Bruins first road game tonight against the Notre Dame Hounds. Austin Daae will probably be making his debut tonight after being sent down from the Saskatoon Blades this week. It will be interesting to see who will sit this one ot. The Bruins will be back on the road tomorrow in Yorkton.

With my traveling today I'm going to be missing UFC 135 Jones vs Jackson. The way the UFC light heavyweight division is going Rampage Jackson will win it, since it seems like no light heavyweight can hang on to it since Chuck Liddell dropped it to Rampage. But I think Jones will come out on top tonight, and I'm sure Rashad Evans will be stepping into the ring after the fight.
I also think tonight we'll be saying good-bye to Matt Hughes, I believe Josh Koscheck will beat Hughes, and shortly after we'll hear the word retirement.


Hopefully your Saturday is full of sporting fun like mine.

No comments: