Thursday, March 15, 2012

Final Thank You



It's hard to believe the 2011-12 season has come to an end for Estevan Bruins as it seems like it was yesterday when the Bruins opened up Spectra Place with a big win over the Melville Millionaires. There was a lot of highs and lows that go with the hockey season but looking back at this year once again I can say that it's been a lot of fun.

I just want to take this time to say thank you to the the Estevan Bruins organization and CJ1280 Radio to give me a chance to call the Bruins games for another season.

Also have to thank the Bruins staff for providing every resource I've needed throughout the season and making me like I'm apart of the team. Throughout the season the club invited me to the parent's night and Xmas party which means a lot to me.

The Coaching and Personnel staff  of the Bruins, Keith Cassidy, Cole Zahn, Ted Ryplanski and Rick Oakes thanks guys are all the information and insight to the Bruins squad and providing me the time whenever I need it.

Thanks to the parents for their kind words throughout the season, I really enjoy people walking to me and telling me how much they enjoy listening to the Bruins games that always means a lot.

A big thank you to Gerry Aspen, thanks for driving the bus, thanks for being a great roommate when I'm on the road with the Bruins and thanks for being the most valuable person inside of the Bruins organization. Gerry spent so much time in the offseason building the Bruins dressing room and has left a great legacy with the Bruins.As well Gerry spends countless hours sharpening skates, laundry and so much more for the Bruins.

But the biggest thank you from me has to go to the players for the Estevan Bruins. In my four years with the Bruins I've never had one issue with a player for the Bruins organization.  Anytime I needed an interview for the radio, or I need some guys to do Locker Talk with me the players help me out and I'm grateful for that. I'm proud of the fact that I've become great friends with a lot of the guys and I will enjoy to maintain these friendships for the rest of my life. There's a lot of great kids wearing the Bruins jerseys  right now and hopefully Estevan will continue to support these guys for years to come.

Thanks to Dominic Perrault, Derek Whitehill and Matthew Dochylo for everything this season. At some point this summer I'm looking forward to posting the announcement of these three players moving on to the University ranks on the blog. Like I said before, the Bruins are losing three solid players and they're losing three great guys.

Many people have asked what's next for me. Well, this weekend I'm going home to Saskatoon-Humboldt. The last two and a half months have been all about the Bruins so I'm looking to spending a little time with family and friends. I might check out some of the RBC Cup this spring since it's being held just a short walk from my parents house.

I plan on spending some holidays up in Northern Saskatchewan, also Roughrider season isn't far away and I'll probably be making a trip out to Calgary to check out the Riders and UFC in July. I'll be working at the radio station covering news and sports and we're also launching a new FM station later this year in Estevan.

Through the summer there obviously will be less Bruins content on this blog but whenever something comes up I'll be posting it on here. There will also be stuff on here about other sports in Estevan and just some thoughts of mine about other sporting news around the world.

I'm looking forward to recharging the batteries and getting ready for next season. I've already rehashed the season a few times already I'm looking forward to relaxing for a few months and enjoying the summer.

Thanks again everyone for tuning in and enjoy the weather.

1 comment:

Tony Sernick said...

Good Job Blaine....have a good summer .