Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stubel leads Coalers to Championship




I have to admit, I thought I was dreaming last night when I woke up and saw that Lucas Stubel (my color guy for the Bruins whenever he's around) scored a hat trick in leading the Bienfait Coalers to the Big 6 title with a 5-2 win in Midale.

Stubel played with the Bruins from 2008-2011 before moving on to Senior Hockey and playing with the Coalers with his brother Chris, another ex-Bruin. The team features plenty of ex Bruins, the only other one who played during my time with the Bruins is former Captain Kyle Garagan.

The Coalers won the league title and will now look to turn the tide in their provincial final against Shellbrooke. The Coalers are down 1-0 in the series but if the Coalers win on Saturday then Game 3 will be next Saturday at Spectra Place.

So congrats to the Stubels and the rest of the Coalers on capturing the team's second straight Big 6 title.


Chris and Lucas Stubel with the Big 6 trophy. Photo courtesty Lucas Stubel


No comments: