Saturday, November 6, 2010

Love or Hate

Love him or hate him...Eric Tillman is back in Regina today.

The question will be, does a person cheer him or boo him if they acknowledge him at today's Rider game.

If you are going by strictly on field success, its a no-brainer. You have to cheer him. He is only one of 3 GMs in Rider history to lead the team to the Grey Cup. Granted a lot of players from that roster came from Roy Shivers, I think the most important move for that 2007 team was to hire Kent Austin. I mean 1 year and 1 Grey Cup, it just goes without saying.

Now there will be some people who will boo him because of his off the field stuff. Some will say Tillman let down the organization with his mistake, and they may be right.

But you could say the punishment was served for his mistake. He lost his job, a job he told me himself that was the greatest one in the world. I think its time to move on. He has moved on to Edmonton and you can expect the Eskimos to be a threat again in the CFL.

So while there may be some boos..I know if they mention Eric Tillman...I will stand up and cheer.

No comments: