Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Ultimate Buzzer Beater

I have never..ever seen a finish like I did tonight with the Estevan Bruins 5-4 win tonight against the Kindersley Klippers. Ben Findlay banked a shot off the back wall off of Klippers goalie Dustin Nickel and it went in the net, just as the buzzer went off.

It was so bang-bang that it got me off guard calling it. So many things had to happen on that play. First Findlay had to play the angle right and bank the shot off the back wall. Second was the bounce off the goalie's skate, and then was simply time. The buzzer rang just as the clock went to 0:00. I admit that being in a visiting rink, I thought the Bruins weren't going to get the call, but in the end it worked out for the Bruins and they got a much needed win on the road.

The Bruins now head to Battlefords, is there anyway that this win can be topped.

No comments: