Sunday, November 21, 2010

West Final Preview

It's here..the Western Final. It seemed like we have been waiting for this game since the middle of July when it seemed almost certain that these 2 teams would finish 1-2 in the West. The Roughriders struggles late the season, provided a scare that this matchup wouldn't happen. But in the minus 20 weather it's going to happen, Stamps and Riders.

I think for the Riders to win, they need a quick start. I think the longer the score is close, the Riders will have the bigger advantage. I just think the Riders offence is a little bit more explosive than the Stamps, but not by much. But if the Riders can take an early lead, and do their best to eliminate the running game of Joffery Reynolds and Jon Cornish. If the Riders can turn the Stamps into a one dimensional offence, then the game will turn into the Riders favor.

I think the key players for the Riders are going to be Andy Fantuz on offence. Last time these 2 teams met, Fantuz was neutralized by Brandon Browner, if Fantuz can win that matchup, the Riders stand a great chance of scoring on offence.

On defence, I think Brent Hawkins has to provide pressure all day. If the Riders can get into the head of Burris and knock him off his rhythm, they stand a chance of winning.

I think the Riders will win this game, and I think the defence will play a big role in the outcome. I think the secondary will grab a couple of picks, and the offence will go back to lighting up the scoreboard like they did early in the season. 31-25 Riders win.

No comments: