Monday, January 10, 2011

Ceci a Bruin

Yesterday I thought the Bruins would be pretty quiet before the deadline today, but after watching the Bruins lose to the Ice Wolves last night in overtime, I saw a frustrated team looking for a spark.

With the Humboldt Broncos auctioning off the majority of their 20 years old on the weekend, there wasn't much left on the market with the exception of a pair of Nipawin Hawks. (I said that with the knowledge Cody Hanson of Melville being dealt last night) Matthew Spafford and Jonathan Ceci. Spafford ended up in Dauphin while Ceci is in Estevan.

Bruins Head Coach Chad Leslie felt Ceci was a better fit for the team, I tend to agree with Ceci being more of a playmaker while Spafford offering more grit with his skill. The Bruins have plenty of size and grit. Ryan Andersen, Mark Cross, Troy Hunter, Josh Jelinski, Matt Dochylo give the Bruins plenty of grit, but with the Bruins only scoring 3 goals and a team that is having a hard time manufacturing scoring chances, a play maker like Ceci was needed.

Sounds like Ceci will be play centre. With Ceci at centre i think Hunter is going to be moving on the wings, a position that I think suits Hunter better. I think he can be a bigger force crashing on the boards, plus he might be a winger playing with Ceci.

I think too for the Bruins just having a new face in the locker room will be a boost. I just think that this team is more talented than their record and bringing one of the best players in the last month, should be a boost in the locker room and raise the spirits.

I know I'm looking forward to seeing the Bruins meet the Terriers on Wednesday with Buzzeo and Boyer in their lineup. Should be a fun game to watch.

No comments: