Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Two Cent Tuesday


As we head into the end of June, sports is slowing down a little bit in the area. I should add that mother nature has had a helping hand with rain wiping a lot of local baseball games.

I will have a Bruins update later tonight on the blog as I had a chance to talk with Keith Cassidy. We talk about the latest Bruins prospects who have signed to cards along with a couple items like the Showcase and possible expansion.

With the Stanley Cup playoffs in the books, the next two weeks are the most exciting weeks of the NHL offseason with the NHL draft and the July 1 free agency day. One prediction I will throw out there is that the Minnesota Wild will throw a lot of money at either Zach Parise or Ryan Suter.

Tomorrow is the NHL Awards Night, my pick for the Hart is Malkin while Stamkos will win the Ted Lindsay Award.

I'm not panicking about the Saskatchewan Roughriders after their loss to the BC Lions. I was happy with the play of former San Francisco 49er Kory Sheets and Louis Rankin at running back and I won't be surprised if one of them steal the starting job from Brandon West for Week 1.

I was surprised the Riders cut Chris Graham but Corey Chamblin has made it clear they will go with a Canadian at Middle Linebacker. Mike McCullough is one of the most underrated players on the Riders in my opinion and Shomari Williams is a player who needs to step up this season.

I think this may be first year in a long time, (and I mean a long time) that the Eastern Division is stronger than the Western Division in the CFL, but hopefully that means a West team (obviously Saskatchewan) upsets someone in the East in the Grey Cup Final.

That's it for now, but check back later for that Bruins update.

No comments: