Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Two Cent Tuesday


After a couple of months of damp weather it's finally heated up in the southeast area. With the humidity it felt like +40, we haven't gotten a thunderstorm yet but it looks the majority of the province had a tornado warning at some point today.

It's been a quiet week for the Bruins and the biggest news piece actually came from the baseball diamond as Calder Neufeld was one half of a no hitter last week. Neufeld is pitching for the Estevan Tower Wolves of the Saskota Baseball League and if the weather holds up tonight, I'll check out their game against the Carnduff Astros.

In terms of the SJHL schedule, I'm expected it out within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure the Bruins first game will be against Melville. I can't remember the last time these two teams didn't open the season against each other.

The Riders kick off the season on Friday and Rider fans I'm sure are optimistic heading into the new season. I think if the Riders can easily finish second in the west. One reason I think that is because the starting QB's for the Eskimos and Stampeders were at one time below Darian Durant on the Riders QB depth chart. I'll have more Rider thoughts on Friday.

I just finished reading Michael Oher's book I Beat the Odds. I highly recommended it to any football fan. This book talks more about Oher's childhood growing up in Memphis which didn't appear in the movie the Blind Side. He also says that he wasn't that dumb when he started playing high school football as compared to the movie.

For the amount of struggles the Toronto Blue Jays pitching staff has endured this season, it's almost hard to believe they are only a few games out of the playoffs with the extra wild card. In order for the Jays to make the postseason, they need to go on a big winning streak very soon and it's kind of hard to see it happen with Jesse Chavez, Aaron Laffey in the rotation at this point.

This week on Locker Talk all of the coaches from Estevan Minor Football will be joining me on the panel. We'll take a look at the Bantam, Peewee and Atom football teams. I'll have more details on Thursday.

Not too much this week but hopefully everyone enjoys their Canada Weekend.




No comments: