Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rediscovering a Passion



How long can a writer’s block last? Judging by this blog you can tell that mine has now lasted for a year. When I moved back to Humboldt, I was initially going to continue blogging except I couldn’t figure out what the heck I was going to write about. I didn’t feel like I could blog on the local sports scene because I’m not connected to the sports scene like I was when I was working as a play by play announcer.

If you know me, sports are a big part of my life, and you shouldn’t fight your passion in life, you should embrace it as much as you can. I admit for months I was ready to start blogging again, I kept thinking who the hell really cares what I think? Truth is I still think about that question, but I realized it doesn’t matter, and it's pointless just thinking about it. I just want to express my thoughts about the sporting world and resume an old hobby. 

I’m not sure how often I will blog, but I’m going to do some different things on the blog. I’ve got some ideas, and while I don’t have a clear direction where I am going, I look forward to the creative freedom I experience when working on the blog. 

So feel free to continue reading on the blog, my next posting will be my thoughts about the NFL season and my predictions. 

This blog is going to be more of what the title implicates..My 2 Cents... It's just going to be more of my 2 cents on the sporting world, and soon enough I just may provide my 2 cents outside of sports.

I’m going to close with a quote from one of my favorite athletes of all time, Michael Jordan.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

No comments: