Monday, June 20, 2011

Back to Work


Beginning of Round 2 Carwin vs Dos Santos. Carwin was a mess.

My view for UFC 131

The beautiful Brittney


The lovely Arianny


Moments after Sam Stout knocked out Yves Edwards

Kenny Florian vs Diego Nunes


At the BMO downtown Vancouver, I didn't riot, but I heard it

---

It's back to work for yours truly today after 9 great days in Vancouver. It was definitely an eventful 9 days on the West Coast. UFC 131 was the main reason why I made the trip and my first UFC event didn't disappoint. I thought the biggest reaction of the night was Sam Stout's knockout of Yves Edwards. The prelim fights were really entertaining and may have been better than the majority of the main card. The Rogers Arena wasn't sold out, I expect because of the Cup Finals and the absence of Brock Lesnar. It was still a fun night and I really want to go and see another UFC card soon, next time though, it will be in Vegas.

-- I was watching Game 7 at a friends house in downtown Vancouver. I was thinking about heading downtown to check out the game, but I figured I would head there after the game. But I ended up staying at my friend's house watching and listening to the downtown destruction. There's a lot of people in Vancouver who are embarrassed by the whole event, and really they should be.

-- The rest of the trip was spent on relaxing and soaking up the scenery. Along with a couple of friends we climbed up a 5 km mountain. (Quite the workout) I also sampled some great dishes in Vancouver. If you ever head to Vancouver head to the Kingstons Cafe in North Vancouver for the best Jamaican food ever. Best Jerk Pork I've ever had. But like all great holidays they come to an end way too quickly.

----

There were some Bruins news while I was gone. Jon Ceci has committed to Simon Fraser University. It's great for Ceci to not only being able to play some post secondary hockey, but he's also playing close to home. All the best to Ceci at Simon Fraser.

The Bruins also released their schedule. The Bruins open up Spectra Place Saturday September 17 against Melville. I'll go into more details in my next posting about the Bruins schedule either tonight or tomorrow. Bruins also open Melville's new rink October 1. Go to the Bruins website for more details.

No comments: