Thursday, June 9, 2011

Holidays in Vancouver





I always say the worst time of the year for me is the end of the hockey year until I go on holidays. I'm happy to say the holidays have arrived and I'm more than excited for the next 9 days, as I'm heading to Vancouver.

I'm not a Canucks fan, but I'm excited about being in the same city as the Stanley Cup finals. I arrive just as Game 5 is starting. I'm more than excited to soak in the championship atmosphere.

-- The reason I'm heading to Vancouver is too check out UFC 131. I was looking forward to the Junior Dos Santos and Brock Lesnar, but instead it's Dos Santos and Shane Carwin. I'm rooting for Carwin, but my gut is saying Dos Santos, but I'm looking forward to my first live UFC experience.

-- I likely won't be blogging on my holidays, I might depending if I have access to a computer, but I'll try and post some pics when I come back. I wish my camera was a 100%, but I'll post something when I come back at the latest.

-- Some tidbits about the Estevan Bruins. They'll likely announce their opening date at Spectra Place tomorrow or Monday at the latest, and my prediction of Sept. 15 was wrong, but I was close. This is a very exciting time for the Bruins.

-- Keith Cassidy will be moving to Estevan next week. There maybe some announcements about player signings to come with that. The Bruins have signed 7 players since June 1 and I'm thinking there will be at least 3 more. I know one player who hasn't signed yet, could be the Bruins best shot for rookie of the year next season. At spring camp, he was a favorite for Chad Leslie and showed plenty of promise. I'm sure I'll be talking to Cassidy soon after I come back.

-- If you haven't already take a look at the call of the year poll I got going on. Voting is going to go on for another month.

-- Take care everyone and enjoy the final games of the hockey season!

No comments: