Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two Cent Tuesday




--- Some people were already contacting the radio station asking if the Bruins games in Yorkton and Notre Dame would be on the radio because there's no more World Series. But the first game on the radio will remain one week from tonight when they visit the Notre Dame Hounds in Wilcox. There's a few things behind the scenes that needs to be taken care of before the first game on the air. Trust me there's no one who wants to hit the road more than me.

 --- Plenty of changes for the Bruins tonight, Matt Brykaliuk is out of the lineup with a shoulder injury. Taylor Reich, Calder Neufeld are all out with their injuries so there will probably be some line shuffling for tonight's game.

-- Cole Zahn is behind the Bruins bench as Head Coach tonight with Keith Cassidy in Calgary for the World Junior A Camp. Cassidy is expected to be back with the Bruins on Thursday. I know the players respect Zahn a lot and I'm sure they would love to give him a win for him tonight in Yorkton.

--- Tonight's game will be a true measuring stick for the Bruins. It's too early in the season to say it's a must win game of any kind but at the same time if the Bruins could earn a win on the road in Yorkton it will do a lot for their confidence.

-- I went to watch the University of Regina Cougars and Mount Royal University Cougars Men's Hockey game on Saturday hoping to watch former Bruins Dominic Perrault,Troy Hunter and Liam Brennan in action. Unfortunately Perrault was a healthy scratch for the game so I only got to see Hunter and Brennan on the ice and it was all Mount Royal as they cruised to a win. Although I had a chance to sit for the most part with Dom and his Mom during the hockey game and got a chance to catch up with them.

-- Speaking of Perrault he'll be the guest on the second intermission of next Tuesday's broadcast in Notre Dame. I'm going to try and feature a different Bruins Alumni during the broadcast this season, so if you're a Bruins alumni or if you know one drop me a line at blaineweyland@hotmail.com or bweyland@goldenwestradio.com, I would love to have you on the broadcast this season.

--- I went to the Riders game before I went to the Cougars game on Saturday and there's no doubt in mind the Riders are better off playing in the West during the postseason. Why you may ask. The weakest point for the Riders their secondary and I think Ricky Ray and Anthony Calvillo are likely going to pick it apart.

-- Still think Corey Chamblin deserves credit for leading the Riders to 8 or possibly 9 wins. This was a rebuilding year for the Riders and they're not quite done. I think this team is built for the 2013 season and if they add a couple of pieces (Secondary, Canadian Receiver, Help on the front 7) the Riders should be serious contenders. Although if the stars align they could make the run this year, I mean it's the CFL playoffs all you have to do is win three games in November. But that's easier said than done.

--- My prediction when the Atlanta Falcons lose their first game? When they head to the SuperDome in New Orleans and face the Saints. It's going to be a game that ends 52-48. I can't see the Falcons going 16-0 but I could see them going 14-2 and losing in the first round

--- When the Blue Jays were hiring a manager two years ago I was hoping Sandy Alomar Jr. would get the job and once again I hope he gets the job.

-- Funniest TV Show in my eyes..The League. If you love sports especially this is the show for you. I'm going to watch the first three episodes of Season 4 tonight.

-- That's it for this week looking forward to being on the air one week from tonight in Wilcox.

No comments: