Thursday, February 3, 2011

Going Home

The Bruins will try and complete a 3 game sweep through the Bauer Conference as they square off with the Humboldt Broncos tonight at 7:30. (7:20 on CJ1280 and discoverestevan.com). If the Bruins would win, this would be the first 3 game sweep on a road trip for this team in a long time.

For me I also look forward to the trip back to Humboldt. Humboldt is where I grew up and spent the first 20 years of my life. I look back at my childhood with nothing but good times and great memories. It was the birthplace of my nickname Beener..heck no one in Humboldt calls me Blaine, not even my parents. The majority of my friends were made in Humboldt, (or thru my friends from Humboldt.)

With that being said, I'm enjoying my time with the Bruins. People from Humboldt still ask me "Man you're still a Broncos fan aren't you?" And I always say sorry, but I'm behind the Bruins. I always wish the Broncos the best of luck, but whenever they face Estevan, I'm cheering for the Bruins.

With a win the Bruins would move 5 points back of Kindersley and sets up an interesting race down the stretch. After tonight the Bruins have a pair of home and home sets. Saturday and Tuesday against Notre Dame. Next Friday and Saturday against Weyburn.

No comments: