Saturday, February 5, 2011

Missing the Bruins/UFC 126 Picks

For the first time in 3 months, I'll be missing a Bruins game as they host Notre Dame tonight. Last time I missed a Bruins game was Nov.2 against Notre Dame, and a lot has happened since that matchup.

A win for the Bruins and their magic number for clinching a playoff spot is down to 1. Which is a small achievement for a team that has bigger aspirations.

I'm expecting a strong game from the Bruins in the first home game after a successful road trip. It will be interesting to see the D pairings with the injuries to Ty Ariss and Lucas Stubel. Ariss could be back before the end of the regular season, while Stubel is hopeful to be back in time for the beginning of the playoffs.

Next game that I'm calling is Tuesday night in Wilcox.

---

UFC 126 picks

Silva vs Belfort
Pick: Silva

Bader vs Jones
Pick:Bader

Franklin vs Griffin
Pick: Franklin

Antonio Banuelos vs. Miguel Torres
Pick: Torres

Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
Pick: Rocha

The biggest reason I want Silva to win is because I like a million others, want to see Silva vs GSP down the road.

My pick for match of the night is Bader and Jones. And there's just something about Bader that makes me think upset.

This should be a good card tonight!

No comments: