Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday's Thoughts

Bruins/SJHL

The Bruins kick off an important road trip in Nipawin tonight. The Bruins trail the Weyburn Red Wings by 2 points in the race foe third spot in the Sherwood Conference with 2 games in hand. With the Bruins playing against Nipawin, Melfort and Humboldt over the next 3 days I believe at least 2 wins are very much possible. Weyburn only has 1 game in the next 3 days, tonight against Notre Dame. I think if there's any time for the Bruins to pass Weyburn, it's this week.

NHL

Even if the All-Star game was a glorified shinny game. I still give the All-Star weekend a big thumbs up, mostly for the fantasy draft. I think All-Star games are a thing of the past. But I give credit for the NHL for trying with a good idea. Major League Baseball's idea of giving home field advantage of the World Series to the winning league is really stupid, and don't get me started on the Pro Bowl.

NFL

My Superbowl thoughts will come later this week. As of right now I'm leaning towards the Steelers, but I can also see Aaron Rodgers becoming the 21st Century Version of Steve Young.

And on a side note, doesn't everybody else in the world wish that the Monday after Super Bowl would become a stat holiday? Especially with a UFC card the night before the Super Bowl. I took the Monday off work, but I have the feeling I'm not the only one.

No comments: