Thursday, May 26, 2011

130 Press Conference Highlights



Leading up to UFC 130 on Saturday, UFC President Dana White held a press conference leading up to the big event yesterday here are some of the highlights.

- Georges St. Pierre won't be on the December card in Montreal. I agree that this is the right move. Montreal and the rest of Canada has been called "the Mecca" of MMA fighting. I think it's time to prove it. There are plenty of great fighters in the UFC beside St. Pierre, Montreal shouldn't need St. Pierre on the card to sell out the card.

- Light Heavyweight Champ Jon "Bones" Jones next opponent will be determined after this weekend and it won't be Rashad Evans. This probably means if Rampage Jackson beats Matt Hamill on the weekend, then he'll get the next shot at the champ. If Rampage loses..it's anybody guess, but my guess it would be Lyoto Machida.

-- White updated on the condition on Brock Lesnar and said he's hoping he would be back in the Octagon by early next year. Speaking of Lesnar his biography Death Clutch was released on Tuesday. I was planning on picking it up and reading it on my flight to Vancouver for UFC 131, but now that Lesnar isn't on the card. I just might have to wait a little longer.

I'll be back talking MMA on Saturday with my picks for UFC 130.

No comments: