Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend Watching


-- Congrats to the St. John Sea Dogs claiming the Memorial Cup, with a 3-1 win over the St. Micheal's Majors in Mississauga. I think I watched bit pieces of each game in the tournament, but never really sat back and watched a whole game. I admit if Kootenay (or any WHL team) was in the final I would be watching the final.

-- Now the major talk in Junior Hockey will be who goes number 1. I remember having this discussion with former Bruins Coach Chad Leslie in January and I said Ryan Nugent-Hopkins at the time, and he would probably be the best pick. Except shouldn't the Oilers be thinking about their defence? I really think they should think about a trade, but I'm not a real expert on the affairs of the Oilers. (I cheer for the Flames)

-- Bruins forward Dylan Smith is becoming a two sport athlete. Smitty suited up for the Estevan Big Dogs of the Prairie Gold Lacrosse League and picked up a pair of goals in a 15-7 loss to the Yorkton Bulldogs. It was his first lacrosse game in a couple of years. AP last year Tanner Froese also plays for the Big Dogs, and I'm sure Froese will be a full timer next year with the Bruins.

-- I checked out UFC 130 and the undercard was pretty good. The main events not so much. I thought Roy Nelson would put up a better matchup against Frank Mir. Rampage battled a hand injury and wasn't able to finish Matt Hamill. If Rampage isn't seriously hurt, he'll likely meet Jon Bones in either September or October. If he's too hurt, it's anybody guess.

-- Jose Bautista has to be considered a lock for a starting spot for the All Star game right? If not, I think the Blue Jays marketing staff should be fired.


No comments: