Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts

-- This picture gives me a good laugh.

-- The NHL is coming back to Winnipeg, I had to laugh when Gary Bettman said now is the right time to head back to Canada. Wouldn't the right time have been right after the lockout. But it's happy times now that the NHL is coming back. I laugh how there's the same amount of Canadian teams in the NHL as result of relocation from Atlanta (Calgary,Winnipeg) as expansion (Vancouver, Ottawa). I consider the WHA teams and the original six to be non-expansion teams.

-- My first choice for the team name. Jets. Second choice, Jets. Third Choice Rebels.

-- Love the 2011 class of the Plaza of Honor. Corey Holmes was one of the most likable players in Roughrider history. I've gotten to meet Dan Rashovich a few times over the last couple of years and he's a great person to talk to. (He also has some great football stories to tell) Mike Saunders was a running back who came out of nowhere and really established himself as one of the Rider great running backs. Is it just me or am I getting old, cause it seems like yesterday all 3 were playing with the Riders.

-- Rejoice Rider fans, today is the final day of the offseason as rookie camp starts tomorrow. Finally non stop Roughrider talk. Can't wait for the debate if the Riders should keep a QB on the practice roster or not. (If you want my opinion just ask)

-- 11 runs was more than enough for Jo-Jo Reyes to get his first win in 28 starts or 3 years. Look on the bright side Jo-Jo, there's no way you'll ever approach that record ever again.

-- I've watched very little basketball this year, but I hope Dallas beats Miami. I'm just not a fan of Miami.

-- Tomorrow Junior A clubs can sign players to cards, and if the Bruins make some moves I'll let you know. Tomorrow I'll take a look at the Bruins recruiting class from 2010.

No comments: