Saturday, May 28, 2011

UFC 130 Picks



Rampage Jackson vs Matt Hamill
My pick: Rampage

Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson
My pick: Nelson

Stefan Struve vs Travis Browne
My pick: Struve

Thiago Alves vs Rick Story
My pick: Alves


Brian Stann vs Jorge Santiago
My pick: Stann

Additional Thoughts:

This was a really stacked card when it was first announced with the Main Event of Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar. Unfortunately both fighters are injured and will have to wait until at least September to complete the trilogy.

I think in the main event if Rampage wins, he'll be facing Jon "Bones" Jones in the fall. If he loses, well it's anybody's guess, but I'll say Lyoto Machida will get the next title shot.

If Roy Nelson wins his fight and Shane Carwin loses his match against Junior Dos Santos in Vancouver, than it will be Big Country vs Carwin later this year, at least that's what I think.

Usually The Ultimate Fighter is entertaining when there's one fighter I like to hate. But what happens when there's 2 fighters that I can't stand? That will be the case when Michael Bisping and Mayhem Miller face off in the next season in the Ultimate Fighter. I'm not sure who I'll be cheering for.

No comments: