Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two Cent Tuesday


-          I’ve been suffering from a sore throat over the last week which is the worst injury you can possibly have when you work in radio. I’m hoping that I recover soon because May is a very busy month for myself.

-          Congratulations to the Humboldt Broncos on winning the final ANAVET Cup and good luck in the RBC Cup. I’m hoping to watch the RBC Cup action on Sunday when I’m back home for a quick visit.

-          I think we saw the good side of the NHL playoffs over the last week. A lot of entertaining games, close finishes and outstanding performances have made the first three weeks of the postseason Must See TV.

-          A couple of months ago  I would’ve laughed at the idea of Mike Smith being Canada’s goalie in the 2014 Olympics. But now I would have no problem with it.

-          My picks for the second round were New York, Philadelphia, Nashville and Los Angeles. I would love to change my Nashville pick right now.

-          If I were the Saskatchewan Roughriders I would pick Ben Heenan with the first overall pick at the Canadian Draft. I think you can never have too many good Canadian offensive lineman in the CFL.

-          Marco Ricci has been telling me for the last two years how good Akiem Hicks was for the University of Regina Rams. I think Hicks is in a good situation in New Orleans, with the a few players about to be suspended from the bounty allegations, Hicks might get significant playing time in his rookie season. 

-          Due to my sore throat I won’t filiming a new episode of Locker Talk this week

No comments: