Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Two Cent Tuesday


-- I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. Besides Friday night, the weather was actually decent for the most part in Estevan, but it seems like we'll be seeing a lot of rain over the next week.

-- It's a very busy weekend for the Estevan Bruins. On Friday it's the return of the Sportman's Dinner with Marty McSorley, Scott Schultz, Morris Lukowich and MC Rod Pedersen. Saturday it will be the Alumni Golf Tournament. I'll have more about the dinner on Friday night.

-- It's nice to see Andrew Johnston of the Humboldt Broncos sign an entry level contract with the Philadelphia Flyers. Hopefully in the future we'll see more SJHL players sign more contracts along with college scholarships.

-- I want to congratulate former Bronco Assistant Coach Tim Klimosko on a successful 7 year run with Humboldt. I've known Tim well before he was with the Broncos and he was always one of my favorite coaches to talk to in the league.

-- Many people have been unhappy with the Conference Finals in the NHL. Even though it hasn't been the greatest hockey I have been watching every game. I believe the Rangers-Devils will pick up after what went down in Game 4 with the on ice antics. I thought heading into the series that it would pick up for the last three games of the series.

-- I agree with anyone who says the LA Kings are the best 8th seeded team ever in the NHL playoffs. There's so much talent on this team there's no way they should've finished 8th to begin. The question that should be asked now Was it Terry Murray's fault that they nearly missed the playoffs.

-- The Memorial Cup has been a treat to watch so far. All four teams have been so even and it will be interesting who will emerge victorious on Sunday. 

-- I can't wait til the Memorial Cup is in Saskatoon next year. I'm hoping to catch a game or two.

-- Stefan Seipp and Chris Strongeagle represented the ECS Elecs at the Senior Bowl game on Monday. Both players started for Team South and played in the first and second quarter. Seipp is heading to the Regina Thunder in the fall and Strongeagle is heading to the University of Regina Rams. Seipp played Defensive End and Strongeagle played Defensive Tackle. 

-- My interest in MLB is starting to increase with the Blue Jays approaching the 50 game mark. All season I keep thinking the Blue Jays are one player away from being a serious World Series contender. Why didn't the Blue Jays go after Prince Fielder again? Especially after putting Adam Lind on waivers. I'm sure Vladimir Guerreo will be on the roster before long, and while I'm sure he'll be a productive player for the Jays, I'm not he's going to be the difference maker that the Jays need. 

-- There will be plenty of more MMA content on the blog over the next 10 days as we head into Hard Knocks 24 on June 1. Starting tomorrow morning I'll have an interview with Derek Daku on the blog tomorrow.

-- Have a good day everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it were the finals I may agree but last round I bought extra tickets for my brother who couldn't go, tried selling tickets for less then face and had no luck, ended up giving them to a co worker.