Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bruins Head Coach Search Update

Someone posted last week asking an update on the search for the Bruins new Head Coach/GM and possibly a profile on the candidates that are listed.There isn't much yet to report on the coaching search but I can provide what I know so far.

The application deadline closed last Monday and I'm told the Bruins got about 30 applicants for the job. There's a lot of interest in the job, and if you take a look at Spectra Place you would realize why a lot of people would want to be the next Head Coach and GM for the Bruins.

Some of the leagues where the Bruins drew some interest include the NCAA, some other leagues in the USA, some European League, AAA Midget Coaches, WHL Assistant Coaches, other Junior A league coaches and some SJHL Personnel.

So it's kind of hard to give a profile about the candidates when there is so many.

I know the Bruins organization would love to have the new Head Coach by next weekend's spring camp, but that won't happen. Expect the list to be shortened to about 5 or 6 by Spring Camp.

I'm expecting the hiring of the new Head Coach will take place at the end of April or the beginning of May.

I'm interested what direction the Bruins will take next season with their new Head Coach and GM. Hopefully next week I can provide a further update about search for the new Head Coach and GM.

No comments: