Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nothing But Class

The season has to come a close for the Estevan Bruins. The Bruins were defeated by Yorkton 6-1 in the final game inside of the Civic Auditorium. And while the game itself was pretty forgettable, the Bruins made sure the final night inside of the Civic Auditorium was a memorable one.

Hats off to Yorkton Terriers, and best of luck to them in their series with Kindersley. The media of the SJHL get to vote on the SJHL Coach of the year, and I will admit I voted for Yorkton's Trent Cassan, and will be very surprised if he doesn't get the nod from my peers. Trent was nothing but class throughout the series, and I appreciated that very much.

There's plenty of time to look back at the season for the Bruins and think What If? But for now I just want to say a big thank you to the players for making this season, the best season as the voice of the Estevan Bruins. It's hard to picture a classier team than this year's Bruins team.

I'll post my post game interview with Chad Leslie tomorrow. Me and Chad talked about all 9 20 year old players, as well Chad confirms his plans for next season. I'll also add some other thoughts as well about the players leaving, and the guys who are coming back.

It's Saturday afternoon and I have to go back to bed and take a nap, because I have to call Game 1 of the Big 6 Final in Midale tonight, probably my last game of the year on the air.

All I can say, it's been a blast this year.

No comments: