Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

On tonight's edition of Locker Talk on Estevan Access 7, I'm joined by the 2010 Male Athlete of the Year in Michael Bittman. Bittman excelled in both football and in lacrosse over the past year. I've coached Bittman over the last 2 years, and I can say he's a very deserving winner. Bittman is currently preparing for the University of Regina Rams football team which will go next weekend in Regina.

On the second half of the show, I'm joined by Brandon Flegel as we recap the Fundraising Dinner at Spectra Place last Friday, with the Maple Leafs President and GM Brian Burke.

---

It's opening day in the Majors. I say that with mixed reaction, while I'm happy Baseball is back, I think March 31 is a little early too start the season. I wish they would start the season a week later and schedule doubleheaders in June, July and August.

--

As a Calgary Flames fan you can imagine how disappointed I'm with the NHL saying Matt Stajan's goal was disallowed last night. I'm not sure why the referee was behind the net when the puck was being batted in, I thought the best position for the ref in that situation was beside the net.

On another Flames note, I'm happy to see Daymond Langkow is set to be in the lineup tomorrow night, this is truly one of the great comeback stories this season. Even if it only lasts 4 games.

---

I'll provide my thoughts on the SJHL Final tomorrow, glad to see Access is carrying the series. The one thing I'll predict about the series, it won't be a sweep either way.

--

No comments: