Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We Should Be Talking Game 5...But

What a series and we only have 1 game to go.

The Bruins jumped out to a lead, and Melville comes back to tie it. That's the story for every single game this series.

Last night the Bruins ended it early in overtime, as Chris Daniels scored. Great to see Daniels and Dylan Smith both score last night. Both guys have become great 2 way players this series, and I think it's fair to say a few weeks ago that wasn't the case. The overtime goal wasn't pretty, heck according to Daniels it was suppose to be a pass, but it's great to see Chris Daniels get rewarded after a tough start in Estevan.

Now with the post game fiasco. After Daniels scored, Joel Danyluk raced to join in the Bruins celebrations. When he crossed the Bruins blueline, he crashed into Michael Rogoschewsky. Since last night I have heard so much rumors and quite frankly BS. From my point of view both guys ran into each other. Could Rogoschewsky stopped before colliding with Danyluk?..Probably..Could have Danyluk stopped..maybe But in Danyluk's case, don't you expect him to rush over to congratulate Daniels for extending his Junior A career for one game? And in Rogoschewsky's case you can't blame the guy for wanting to get off the ice after losing in overtime, I'm not sure Rogoschewsky even saw Danyluk until the last minute. And you can't be mad at the rest of the Bruin players for being mad when they turn around from their celebrations to find their starting goalie on the ice.

I will clear up only one false rumor, Joel Danyluk didn't purposely run into Rogoschewsky. I know that for a fact. I heard a lot more BS, but I don't think it deserves any kind of recognition.

It happened so quick but that's what I saw. Maybe I'm being hopeful for thinking it was incidental conduct, but that's the way I saw it. And I can't believe how much this incident is getting blown up, the talk this morning should be that this great series is going to Game 5.

It's going to be a great game at the Civic Auditorium 7:30 faceoff, hopefully the rink is packed. But if you can't make it tune in on CJ1280 and discoverestevan.com beginning at 7:15.

1 comment:

Knox Tox said...

Thats the best version i have heard. I of course didn't see it , but that is the probably the right answer , it always lies somewhere in the middle of all the B.S.