Friday, March 4, 2011

Final Survivor Series Thoughts

While the Estevan Bruins have Friday off, that's not the case for me as I'm heading to Midale to provide play for play for the Big 6 playoffs with the Midale Mustangs and Arcola Combines. Midale leads the series 3-1.

I'll post some audio with Dominic Perrault and overtime winner tonight, but just some final thoughts about the survivor series.

There was no doubt Troy Hunter was the MVP of the Sherwood Conference Survivor Series. There were too many times in the series where Hunter would create a scoring opportunity on a 1 on 2 rush. Some in Estevan are calling Hunter's play throughout the Survivor Series the most dominant play from a Estevan Bruin in years. I'm happy that Hunter was able to step up the way he did, I know he felt his play suffered down the stretch drive and was eager to bounce back in the playoffs, consider mission complete.

Dominic Perrault and Matt Szpak may have emerged as the most consistent d-pairing for the Bruins in the Survivor Series. I'm not talking about their surprising offensive work, but all series long when those two were on the ice, Melville had a hard time scoring. The great thing for Estevan is both are 19 year olds, and should provide leadership for the Bruins next season.

I'll preview the Bruins and Terriers series tomorrow. But for me it's off to another hockey game, but I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow.

No comments: