Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bruins Head Coach Update

The new Head Coach and General Manager for the Estevan Bruins will be named very soon. The Bruins have a short list of 3 candidates and the executive will try and pick their man tonight.

After the executive pick their candidate, the team will enter negotiations and will hopefully have things wrapped up within a couple of days. I'm expecting an official announcement anywhere between Monday and Wednesday.

Here's an interview I did with Bruins President Jeff Pierson earlier today.




Some names who didn't make the list. Darrell Mann, Larry Wintoneak and Ed Zawatsky. All 3 did apply but didn't make the short list. That announcement may come as a shock to some people, but not I'm not surprised that they didn't make the short list. Not that they are bad coaches, but talking to many people within the Bruins organization throughout the process I had a feeling they wanted to go in a different direction.

I might be able to provide a further update tomorrow, I'm not making any promises. And as Pierson noted, with the Easter weekend, the official announcement may be delayed by a day or two. But I think it's fair to say within the next week we will know the next Head Coach and GM of the Bruins.

No comments: