Monday, April 25, 2011

Keeping It A Secret

Easter weekend has come and gone and it's back to the work week.

The big news late last week was the announcement of Keith Cassidy as the new Head Coach and GM of the Estevan Bruins. I have to give the Bruins credit, because I didn't hear a whisper of Cassidy being a candidate until about 30 min before he was hired. In this day and age with the internet it's pretty hard to keep a secret, but that's exactly what the Bruins did. I was a little surprised because a lot of the candidates I heard had ties to Estevan, and I thought the Bruins were going to hire someone who would cause some excitement with the Bruin fans.

But Cassidy's resume is quite extensive and successful. Is he the right man for the job? Obviously it's too early to tell. But with a brand new arena and a deep prospect pool, there's heavy expectations in Estevan.

No comments: