Friday, April 15, 2011

Spending the Summer with Brock and Junior



The UFC is set to invade the Rogers Arena in Vancouver on June 11, and while there's no championship bout, the Main Event will feature the biggest draw in the UFC in Brock Lesnar against Junior Dos Santos in the battles of the coaches in the reality show The Ultimate Fighter.

I've been a UFC fan for about 10 years now, but I have never been to a live UFC event ever. But that's going to change as I got my ticket purchased and I'm heading to Vancouver in June to see the battle of 2 of the top heavyweights in the world.

I admit, I am a huge Lesnar fan, I find him to be an amazing athlete. The guy was Division 1 Wrestling champion, Pro Wrestling Champion, a failed NFL tryout (but he made Madden 05 so was it a failure really? lol) and now former UFC heavyweight Champion. The guy might be a heavyweight size but moves around like a welterweight.

Dos Santos has never been beaten in the UFC, and was originally scheduled to fight Cain Velazquez in Toronto at UFC 129, but Velazquez was injured pushing back a title fight until the fall. Unlike Rashad Evans who waited on a title shot (by the way, Evans still hasn't received his shot) Dos Santos has stepped up and taken the fight with Lesnar to prove he's the number 1 heavyweight in the world even if this means he won't get his title shot. I admit I'm rooting for Brock, but I have nothing but respect for Dos Santos.

So 8 more weeks until UFC 131, and I can't hardly wait.

No comments: