Thursday, April 28, 2011

First Estevan Player In Senior Bowl

Some more history for Estevan Football has been achieved as Michael Bittman has been selected to take part in the 27th Edition of the Ed Henick Senior Bowl in Regina.

The Senior Bowl in Saskatchewan is an All Star game for the Grad 12 Football players that play in 6, 9 or 12 man football leagues. Bittman will be playing for Team South which is made up of kids from schools from Regina, Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Yorkton, Weyburn among others.

Bittman felt confident he was going to make the team after the tryouts in Regina a couple of weeks ago. "I had a really good camp, I showed the coaches the skills that have been passed on to me from my High School Coaches like Blaine Weyland, Marco Ricci and Phil Zajac and the other defensive coaches I've had over the years."

Bittman is also excited to be a big part of history being the first Estevan player taking part in the game.

Bittman is also looking forward to playing at Mosaic Stadium for the game. "It's an amazing feeling, I'm really pumped for it. It's my first game on the field and I'm really excited for it."

Bittman will be lining up at Middle Linebacker for the game. Bittman is also preparing for tryouts for the Regina Thunder which are coming up next weekend.

No comments: