Saturday, April 30, 2011

Winter...Really...

Who said winter is over? Because in Estevan, we may be experiencing the worst winter storm of the year. Currently there's snow drifts that's up to my knees, 4x4 trucks are stuck in the middle of downtown in Estevan and the winds are going about 70 km/h.

Normally I don't work on the weekends, but with the short staff at the radio station so I have to work Saturdays for the time being, and today I basically sat at work for 4 hours since there's no power for the radio equipment. Some of the power has been restored but CJ1280 and Sun 102.3 are off the air, and I have no clue when they will be back on air, It could honestly be awhile.

My satellite dish is currently out, and hopefully it's restored by tonight for the UFC PPV that I've been anxiously waiting for months. This storm is suppose to ease up sometime later this afternoon. The good thing is my dish is mostly blocked off from the wind and snow. I might take some pics...tomorrow...it's way too nasty right now.

No comments: